WARNING: THIS GAME IS EARLY ACCESS ALPHA. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE IT UNLESS YOU WANT TO ACTIVELY SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT OF THE GAME AND ARE PREPARED TO HANDLE WITH SERIOUS ISSUES AND POSSIBLE INTERRUPTIONS OF GAME FUNCTIONING.
Welcome to the world of DayZ, hit by a new and presently unknown infection which has wiped out most of the world's population. You are one of the few that have survived and now you must search this new wasteland in order to fight for your life against what is left of the indigenous population now infected with the disease. Go solo, team up with friends or take on the world, as you choose your path in this brutal and chilling landscape using whatever means you stumble upon to survive.
This is DayZ, this is your story.
DayZ is a gritty, authentic, open-world survival horror hybrid-MMO game, in which players follow a single goal: to survive in the harsh post-apocalyptic landscape as long as they can. Players can experience powerful events and emotions arising from the ever-evolving emergent gameplay. There are no superficial tips, waypoints, built in tutorials or help given to players. Every decision matters, there are no save games, no extra lives, every mistake can be lethal. If you fail, you lose everything and you need to play again from the beginning with nothing but your wits, and your two hands. Fight the hostile environment, where every other player can be friend or foe and nothing can be taken for granted.
KEY FEATURES IN ALPHA
- Chernarus - 230 sq. km chunk of post soviet state, featuring deep forests, cities, villages, abandoned military bases, and more..
- Up to 60 players per server - Rich server / client architecture developed from scratch.
- Persistent player profile - Key player data is persistent across all servers.
- Inventory – Combine various clothing items, equipment and carry all of the items that you will need to survive the harsh new environment in the open and intuitive inventory system developed to answer the needs of crafting and character customization.
- Crafting - In the apocalyptic world of DayZ, resources are sparse and every useful bit should be utilized. Items or equipment can be improved, turned into something else or fixed using the new crafting mechanisms.
- Weapon customization – Use customizable firearms with authentic ballistics and weapon characteristics as well as melee weapons to protect yourself against all the dangers a survivor may face.
- Customizable clothing – Customize your survivor with a multitude of new clothing items that can be scavenged from the remnants of civilization, which provide various degree of protection against the elements, infected, and other survivors.
DayZ is currently in ALPHA, with the current 0.62 version featuring a work in progress subset of game mechanics running on legacy technology. With the first BETA update (0.63 version on Stable Branch here on Steam), we will be introducing core changes to our technology that will significantly improve the overall gameplay experience, and set DayZ for departure from Early Access in 2018. The most notable changes that will be introduced over several patches of the 0.63 BETA update include:
- Smoother player character control and representation, utilising a brand new animation system
- Improved network synchronisation
- Significantly improved audio presentation of the game
- Better experience when driving vehicles
- Ability to build improvised bases
- Subtle Improvements to the overall visual appeal of the game
- Extensive updates to the Chernarus+ environment design
- Fixes for some of the long-standing, engine-level issues of the game (uphill running, ladders, randomly broken legs...)
- Custom-made game launcher with support for modding and player hosted servers
- And more...
We're closing in for the pinnacle point of what has been over 4 years of active Early Access development. Over the course of the years, we have been working on both the public versions of the game and internally to introduce new technology that would support our vision for DayZ. Some of the most notable achievements since the initial Early Access release include:
- New Enfusion Engine graphics renderer that significantly improved game performance
- Central Economy system for better loot distribution and dynamic events
- Playable vehicles
- Wide variety of native animal life, including predators
- Major improvements in visual appeal and environment design
- New, modern and robust scripting language
- Dozens of new assets (including weapons, clothes, animals, and vehicles)
Veröffentlicht am 16. Dez. 2013